Posts Tagged water
How can I reduce my melanoma risk?
Water. For healthier, melanoma resistant skin, apply Nature’s Mist all-natural skin moisture (water) before sunscreen, lotion or any other skin application. ( More information…) It is also important to drink eight to ten glasses of pure water a day. Juice, coffee, tear and soft drinks don’t count. Mineral water, vitamin water and flavored water do count (carbonated water contains too much sodium).
To increase awareness about this potentially serious condition, Bio Logic Aqua Research is offering Nature’s Mist as a BRAND NEW special. When you order 1- 2oz. Nature’s Mist, you will receive up to $40 in gifts, including 2 additional Nature’s Mist 2 oz. bottles and a t-shirt from the Save a Child’s Life Foundation. ACT NOW!
May 27, 2011
Why should I worry about melanoma?
Malignant melanoma is the most serious form of skin cancers and is potentially fatal. Melanoma in adults often originates in childhood. Worldwide (including the United States), melanoma is increasing. The good news: Melanoma is preventable, and curable if caught in time.
The immediate cause of melanoma is cell damage from solar radiation. But the ultimate causes are complex and often involve lifestyle choices, made by your parents, beginning when you were born. Melanoma is a dehydration disease related to chronic loss of water in the skin. Skin dehydration begins at birth and parents MUST educate their children on the importance of water, diet, health and sun protection.
A child who is healthy, well hydrated (drinks enough water), knows how to protect their skin, and continues these proactive habits as an adult, is far less likely to develop malignant melanoma.
How can I reduce my melanoma risk?
¨ Education. It is up to YOU to be proactive and learn all you can about hydration, water, nutrition, skin care and wise lifestyle choices, and teach this to your children. Do not wait for your doctor to bring up these issues and do not wait until symptoms develop.
¨ Water. For healthier, melanoma resistant skin, apply Nature’s Mist all-natural skin moisture (water) before sunscreen, lotion or any other skin application. ( More information…) It is also important to drink eight to ten glasses of pure water a day. Juice, coffee, tear and soft drinks don’t count. Mineral water, vitamin water and flavored water do count (carbonated water contains too much sodium).
¨ Diet. For healthy skin and eyes, daily servings of dark green leafy vegetables are recommended, such as spinach, arugula and kale. Vitamin D supplements are also beneficial to skin.
¨ Skin color. Fair skinned people are far more susceptible to sunburn and UV damage than darker skinned people, and are therefore less likely to develop skin cancers. However, darker skinned people can develop these diseases and should protect their skin.
¨ Bathing. Soaking baths are excellent for skin health and hydration, and release of skin toxins. Baths should be followed by a quick shower to wash off toxins and soap residue (dried soap is very dehydrating).
¨ UV radiation/sunscreen. Solar radiation, especially ultraviolet (UV) radiation, is a cause of melanoma. UV radiation can be blocked by clothing, avoiding direct sunlight and by the application of sunscreen with a SPF of at least 15 but preferably as high as possible. Ideally, you should apply sunscreen any time you go in the sun, summer or winter. Cosmetic products are now available that contain sunscreen. Melanoma may also be caused by exposure to other sources of UV radiation, such as tanning beds.
¨ Sugar. Research is discovering numerous ways in which excessive sugar intake may not be good for you. Sugar is dehydrating, can cause weight gain, interferes with antioxidants that keep your body healthy, and creates cravings for unhealthy foods.
¨ Climate. Where you live is obviously important. Melanoma risk is correlated with more sunshine (regardless of temperature), lower humidity and higher air pollution. That does not mean the risk is zero if you live where there is less sunshine, more humidity and less pollution. Where the risk is higher, preventive measures should be increased. And remember that everyone’s level of susceptibility is different.
¨ Indoor-outdoor. Outdoor air can be dehydrating due to solar radiation, low humidity, air pollution and wind. Indoor air can be dehydrating due to forced-air heating and cooling, and insulated walls and windows. You can raise indoor humidity with bowls of water, house plants and room humidifiers.
¨ Clothing. A white t-shirt has an SPF of about 10 (depending on the thickness of the material). This may be enough to prevent sunburn but may not block UV radiation. Heavier clothing and long sleeves are always recommended in the sun, as are hats and sunglasses.
¨ Sleep and stress. Adequate sleep, stress reduction and exercise can enhance every aspect of your health. The goal should be seven to eight hours of uninterrupted sleep per night.
©2011 Save a Child’s Life Foundation
http://naturesmist.com/index.php (Nature’s Mist)
Most of the human body is alkaline rather than acidic, and with good reason. Because most water on Earth is alkaline, that is the environment preferred by living organisms on our planet. Unfortunately for us larger organisms, alkalinity is also the preferred environment for most bacteria, both good bacteria and bad bacteria.
Chemists measure alkalinity and acidity on the “pH scale,” which goes from zero (most acidic) to fourteen (most alkaline). Seven, the halfway point, is neutral, neither acidic or alkaline. The easiest way to tell if a substance is acidic or alkaline is to stick a piece of litmus paper in it (the word “litmus” means “colored moss,” even though the active chemical originally came from lichen). Vinegar, which is acidic, will turn litmus paper purple while baking soda dissolved in water will turn it blue. If you don’t have litmus paper, a leaf from a purple cabbage, with the overlying waxy membrane scraped away, will also turn blue in an alkaline solution.
The acid mantle protection barrier
Because acidic pH levels, below seven, tend to retard bacterial growth, the parts of the human body most prone to bacterial invasion are slightly acidic in pH, rather than alkaline. This is true of saliva and of the skin’s surface. A healthy skin surface will have a pH between 5.5 and 6.5. The most acidic portion of your skin, one of the body’s primary defenses against bacterial invasion, is the called the “acid mantle protection barrier.” Since the acid mantle depends on skin moisture to maintain its pH, it is extremely important to your body’s bacterial defense that your skin contains adequate water.
“Good water” versus “Bad water”
Why is mineral content and pH important? Most people do not realize that absolutely pure water, containing ONLY hydrogen and oxygen, is NOT natural. This “distilled water” must be artificially manufactured. While distilled water has many important uses, it is essentially dead, has a neutral pH, and is not particularly good for you. It is the dissolved minerals, present in every natural water on Earth, which transform the sterile combination of hydrogen and oxygen into a living, life sustaining, bio-active organic compound.
The ideal skin water
Because most tap water is alkaline, it is not beneficial to the acid mantle and is not readily absorbed into skin. Although alkaline water can temporarily bloat and waterlog skin, it does not chemically unite with the acidic water bound up in the skin’s internal tissue in the dermis and epidermis. Instead, alkaline water simply evaporates back out within minutes, taking some of the skin’s internal, acidic, semi-bound moisture with it. When alkaline tap water dries on the skin, after a bath for example, it leaves a dehydrating residue that can actually pull water out of the skin. We towel off after a bath or shower because we instinctively know that tap water leaves an uncomfortable, dehydrating film.
Cosmetics, lotions and topical medications intended for application to the skin’s surface are required by United States law to be “pH-balanced,” which means they are required to have a pH similar to the skin’s pH. However, a dried film of alkaline residue between the lotion and your skin can adversely effect both the pH of the application and the pH of the skin’s acid mantle underneath.
One way to moisturize skin is by drinking alkaline tap water and waiting for your body to convert it to acidic water and feed it to your skin from the inside out. Your skin obtains much of its water in this manner but the process takes hours and your body gives many other organs precedence over skin.
The fastest and most reliable way to add water to dehydrated skin and improve skin health and acid mantle functioning, is to mist your skin with water that has a skin-compatible pH.
Nature’s Mist® all-natural skin moisturizing water, from Bio-Logic Aqua Technologies Biomedical Research, is the only product meeting the dual requirements of skin-compatible pH (6.48) and fine mist application. In a clinical study where one side of the face of several test subjects was misted four times daily with Nature’s Mist® and the other side was misted with alkaline tap water in a Nature’s Mist® bottle, the skin’s basal moisture content, on average, increased after thirty days on the Nature’s Mist® side and actually decreased on the tap water side. Nature’s Mist® applied after bathing and before applying cosmetics, lotions or topical medications; neutralizes alkaline residue,”fixes” the skin’s pH to enhance skin beauty and health, improves faded cosmetic color, and aids absorption of topical medications).
Daily skin care
If Nature’s Mist® is unavailable (it can be ordered here), be sure to drink plenty of water, take long steamy baths or showers, shower quickly after your bath, dry your skin thoroughly after bathing or washing (pat, don’t rub), and apply a skin lotion immediately after bathing. See “Tip of the Month” for a morning skin cleansing program.
In Nature’s Mist®, skin moisturizing water, Sharon Kleyne has discovered a “pure”, mild, natural, pH-correct water that does not leave a dehydrating residue on skin. Her research has documented that this unique water, bottled as it emerges from a natural spring in Oregon, is the ideal natural moisturizer for the human skin.
- To minimize exposure to alkaline tap water, daily facial cleansing should be done at the bathroom sink and not in the tub or shower. Ideally, the process should be unrushed and relaxing.
- Place a little mild liquid cleanser in the palm of your wet hand and apply sparingly over your facial skin. Do not rub in.
- Gently rinse the face five to ten times, with a washcloth compress, in very warm water. Leave skin wet
- after rinsing. Pat or press washcloth, do not scrub.
- Your skin is an early-warning of poor health, inadequate nutrition and excessive stress. Always watch for
- skin changes, which may indicate the need for a lifestyle change or a trip to the doctor.
- Finish with a moisture-sealer (lotion or make-up base), to hold in moisture in your skin. To avoid clogging pores, apply skin-care products by placing a small amount on your palm and gently tapping it into your skin with your fingertips. The best moisture-sealers will have a sunscreen SPF of 15 or greater to help prevent skin cancer from solar radiation.
- If you don’t have time for repeated compresses: after the soap application and one or two rinses, soak a washcloth or hand towel with warm water and make a tent over your face. Leave it there for a minute or two, with eyes opened and breathing deeply. This will moisturize skin, eyes and breathing passages.
- For best results, apply NATURE’S MIST® all-natural, pH-correct skin moisturizing water on face and body before cleansing, then again after cleansing but before applying the moisture-sealer. The pre-misting opens pores, softens and relaxes skin and helps toxins, dirt and bacteria come to the surface. Misting just prior to applying the moisture-sealer counteracts the negative effects of alkaline tap water.
Water on Earth
“Only three-percent of the world’s water is fresh and two-thirds of that is ice. Much of the remainder is either drying up or becoming polluted, making fresh water an endangered species. Water, the source of all life on Earth, is unique – and easily polluted – because it combines with nearly every substance with which it comes in contact, good or bad” (adapted from National Geographic, Special Edition, 1993).
It’s never been done before!
Bio-Logic Aqua Technologies Biomedical Research is the only company, worldwide, to specialize in all-natural tissue culture grade water and hydrotherapy for pharmaceutical application. The company has conducted this groundbreaking research for well over a decade and is committed to a two-fold objective:
- Understanding the medical benefits of the company’s rare Bio-Logic Aqua® Absolute Premium Standard™ tissue-culture grade of water
- Developing applications of the water for the benefit of human health in an increasingly dry and polluted environment
A vault of new discoveries.
Research, under the guidance of Sharon F. Kleyne, Director and Founder, has concentrated on the benefits of Bio-Logic Aqua for relief of dry skin and dry, irritated eyes. This is yielding a vault of new theories and discoveries about skin and eye dehydration. Breakthrough products have resulted including Nature’s Tears EyeMist, Nature’s Mist – Face of the Water, and Bio Med Wash, an all-natural first-aid wash. These products are revolutionizing the treatment of dry skin and dry, irritated eyes while generating excitement among skin, eye care and emergency professionals. Research is continuing into the application of Bio-Logic Aqua for dry mouth, cosmetic enhancement, tissue cell research, surgical healing, and numerous additional benefits.
Education and community involvement.
Bio-Logic Aqua Technologies’ two highest priorities are public education and community involvement. Although success is certainly a major objective, education about skin and eye moisturizing, and the harmful dehydration effects of the environment, dry air both inside and out, has become a higher calling. Forced air heating and cooling, building insulation, airline travel, air pollution, increased stress, increased population, ozone depletion and many other factors are decreasing the available moisture in the air and placing life on Earth at increasing risk. Public awareness of this serious problem is critical, and humanity as a whole must be taught ways in which individuals can protect themselves and minimize their own health damage.
Sharon Kleyne has long recognized a connection between environmental dehydration and a dramatic increase in a potentially fatal cancer called “childhood melanoma.” Bio-Logic Aqua Technologies’ Save-a-Child’s Life was founded in 1996 (became a foundation in 2003) in response to this urgent need. Through its annual Rogue Riviera Water Festival and various other events, the Foundation raises money for childhood melanoma research as well as other children’s charities. The Foundation and Festival have continued to grow annually, while gaining a national reputation as the first foundation to encourage all of us to put our heart and our hands, recognize melanoma in time to save children’s lives.
Nature’s Tears EyeMist – 100% Water Mist Soothes Dry Eyes Without Eye Drops.
* Sharon Kleyne, Founder of Bio-Logic Aqua Research and as internationally syndicated radio talk show host (Sharon Kleyne Hour – Power of Water®), recently announced a brand new United States patent on her company’s all-natural, non-eye drop eye mist product for dry eyes, Nature’s Tears® EyeMist®. This is the first and only dry eye product in the over-the-counter eye care market that is all-natural and not an eye drop.
* Nature’s Tears EyeMist is the only 100% water, 100% pure, all-natural, non-eye drop product sold in any natural health and pharmaceutical dry eye care section of any major drug store. No other dry eye product, with or without eye drops, is as natural, pure or biocompatible with the human eye and tear film. Because it is not an eye drop, Nature’s Tears EyeMist does not flood the tear film when applied so the tear film’s natural structure remains intact.
* Nature’s Tears EyeMist contains only 100% all-natural Bio-Logic Aqua tissue culture grade water. Unlike eye drops, the mist contains no saline, chemicals or formulated compounds. Also, eye drops with preservatives often cause an allergic reaction. Nature’s Tears EyeMist, without eye drops, is 100% safe, healthy and non-allergenic.
* Dry eye symptoms include itching eyes, burning eyes, red eyes, blurred vision, eye fatigue, headaches, shoulder aches, etc. Dry eye is commonly associated with dry air, indoor air, excessive heat or cold, numerous dehydration diseases, medications, wind, low humidity, computer use, airline travel, strenuous activities and many other situations. The most common product for dry eyes have always been formulated eye drops. Read the rest of this entry »
Sharon Kleyne, internationally syndicated radio talk show host and Bio-Logic Aqua Research Founder, appeared at Natural Products Expo West 2011. She answered questions about dry eye and dry air, and demonstrate her newly patented all-natural organic eye mist product, Nature’s Tears® EyeMist®.
- Sharon Kleyne’s appearance at Natural Products Expo West 2011 was sponsored by Health Enterprises, Inc., booth #5610. She appeared from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, March 12, 2011. Natural Products Expo 2011, Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, CA, March 8-13, 2011.
Nature’s Tears EyeMist is the only 100% water, 100% pure, all-natural organic product sold in any pharmaceutical eye care section of any major drug store. No other dry eye product is as natural, pure or biocompatible with the human eye and tear film.
Bio-Logic Aqua Research is the only company dedicated exclusively to all-natural water, health and wellness research and education worldwide (“Earth’s Human Mission”).