Archive for category 2011
Sharon Kleyne, Founder and Chairman of Bio-Logic Aqua Research of Grants Pass, Oregon, USA, and Co-Founder and CEO Willem Kleyne, have announced a partnership between their company and Western Safety Products of Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada. Western Safety will become the exclusive Canadian distributor for Bio Med Wash®, the only personal eye wash device, globally, that is portable, hand-held, all-water and all-natural.
Bio Med Wash was developed after the September 11, 2001 attacks, when Bio-Logic Aqua discovered that many people couldn’t find their way out of the burning buildings due to fumes, heat and smoke in their eyes. Bio-Med Wash can be carried on the person and used while walking, with no stinging, burning or disorientation.
Bob Sask and Dan Barron, co-owners of Western Safety, have announced that they will make Bio-Med Wash available to Canada’s major industries, including the oil fields.
According to Bob Sask, “Bio Med Wash is an important addition to Western Safety’s first response safety product line. We have sold thousands of units with exciting response. This is the first hand-held eye wash that is truly portable.”
Western Safety has partnered to distribute all Bio Med Wash products and accessories:
Three-ounce and seven-ounce personal hand-held spray devices, a two-unit safety eye wash station, a 15-unit eye wash station, belt holsters, truck mounts and carrying cases. The product is available in military camouflage.
Sharon Kleyne notes that Bio Med Wash is easily carried on the person (with belt holster) by outdoor utility workers, oil fields, construction sites and first responders such as police, fire fighters, emergency medical personnel and the military. In industrial settings, the stations do not have to be plumbed and may be cost effectively located every few feet. The contents of the spray bottle remain sterile even when the unit is partially used and when surrounding conditions are unsanitary.
Bio Med Wash has been approved for Canadian distribution by Health Canada and other Canadian regulatory agencies. Bio-Logic Aqua Research has been awarded a Canadian patent with the product Nature’s Tears EyeMist application for dry eyes.
Bio Med Wash is available in the Canada through http://www.westernsafety.ca/ and major industrial first aid distributors throughout Canada. It is available in the United States through several major first aid product distributors and may be purchased online at http://www.Bio-LogicAqua.com.
© 2011 Bio-Logic Aqua Research
Environmental Causes of Computer Eye Irritation, Soothing Dry Irritated Eyes, Computers and Your Eyes
Bio Logic Aqua Research announces new information about computer eye irritation and tips to help protect your eyes.
Environmental causes of CEI:
In addition to the intense light of the computer monitor, research is discovering that several other common office conditions may result in dry, irritated eyes:
- Forced-air heating and cooling.
- Synthetic chemicals (plastics, paint, cleaning fluids, etc).
- Insulated windows and walls.
- Fluorescent lighting.
- Low indoor humidity.
Dry and Irritated Eyes.
The environmental stresses just described all result in a slight increase in moisture (water) evaporation from the delicate TEAR FILM covering the eye’s exposed portions. The tear film, though only about five microns (millionths of a meter) thick, is amazingly complex. It consists of:
- Lipid layer. This topmost layer is comprised of a very thin film of fatty oil that lubricates the eyelid and slows moisture evaporation from the lower layers.
- Aqueous layer. The middle and thickest layer contains the vast majority of the tear film’s moisture. Obviously, this is where most moisture loss occurs. The layer also contains electrolytes, proteins and bacteria-fighting antibodies. It provides oxygenated water to the cornea.
- Mucin layer. This bottom layer consists of mucus that glues the tear film to the optical surface.
The most physically irritating results of tear film moisture loss are an over-concentration of electrolyte (salt) and proteins in the aqueous layer. The results are itching, burning, eye-strain and other symptoms. Insufficient oxygen in the aqueous layer’s moisture can also cause discomfort.
Soothing Dry Irritated Eyes.
Soothing dry, irritated eyes is simple and logical: Simply add moisture to the tear film!
In the past 110 years of medical research, this has proved more easily said than done. Traditional formulated eye drops can be of some benefit as a moisture sealer, but they can be inconvenient to apply and aren’t always effective. The chemicals and preservatives cause an allergic reaction and they may be safely applied only a few times a day. Instead of working naturally to augment and replenish tear film moisture, the large-drop application can flood and wash away the tear film, including protective antibodies, replacing it with artificial chemicals.
Nature’s Tears EyeMist.
The best way to keep eyes moist and minimize CEI discomfort is to mist your eyes with Nature’s Tears EyeMist whenever discomfort is felt. The unique moisture-mist provides the correct pH balance to penetrate to the tear film’s aqueous layer in just the right amount; without flooding. Even if you continue using regular eye drops, they will become more effective as a moisture sealer (to help decrease moisture film evaporation), if you apply Nature’s Tears EyeMist first. Because Nature’s Tears EyeMist has no dosage limit, you may also apply the mist between eye drop applications or as a stand-alone whenever ocular discomfort is felt.
Additional Tips for Minimizing or Preventing CEI:
- An eye care professional may be able to prescribe special “computer glasses.”
- Keep a glass of water near your desk to help humidify the air.
- Sip bottled water while you work…but pour it into a glass before drinking.
- Make a conscious effort to blink more often (especially if you tend to stare at the screen for long periods). Tape a reminder to the computer if necessary.
- Several times per hour, look around the room at objects of varying distances from the computer.
- Take scheduled breaks away from your desk (outdoors if possible, to help reduce stress).
- To reduce glare, position your computer so windows are at the side of your computer rather than in front or back.
- Adjust window blinds so that sunlight is away from your screen and eyes.
- If possible, turn off overhead lights that are too bright or switch to a lower wattage bulb or a desk lamp.
- Attach a glare-blocking hood or filter to your monitor. They can be found at most computer and office supply stores.
- Crack a window to let in humid air from the outside. Outdoor air is free of re-circulated bacteria and shed skin particles from co-workers, which enters via the heating/cooling system and are dehydrating to eyes and skin.
- Set the REFRESH RATE on your monitor as high as you can (over 85 is best). Use a flat-screen if possible. A low refresh rate (60 or less), on a cathode ray monitor, can cause eyestrain and headache. For Windows PC, right click on the opening screen (no programs running), then go to “properties-settings-advanced-monitor.”
- Take long, luxuriant showers every day that allow plenty of steam and moisture to penetrate your eyes, skin, breathing passages and lungs.
- Every couple weeks, take a hot body bath with a cup of Epsom salt dissolved in the bathtub water. This will benefit all parts of your body, including the skin, the eyelids, the skin around the eyes and the eyes.
© Bio Logic Aqua Research
Nature’s Mist® Face of the Water® – Skin Mist Secret for Beautiful Younger Looking Skin
Sharon Kleyne Extends E-Commerce Commitment to EBay Stores, Amazon.com, Apple iTunes, World Talk Radio, Voice America and Green Talk Network.
Nature’s Mist® Face of the Water® on EBay.
Sharon Kleyne, Founder Bio-Logic Aqua Research, has announced that Nature’s Mist® Face of the Water®, her company’s breakthrough product for dry or oily skin, will be launched on EBay Stores. The all-natural product is the result of Mrs. Kleyne’s 30 years study of ancient secrets for beautiful, younger looking skin, including European spas and Cleopatra,.
Nature’s Mist® Face of the Water® is available on EBay stores, Amazon.com and elsewhere. Mrs. Kleyne is host of the Sharon Kleyne Hour Power of Water radio talk show, on World Talk Radio, Voice America, Green Talk Network, Apple iTunes.
Ancient secret for ageless, beautiful skin.
According to Sharon Kleyne, skin is 80% to 90% water. Beautiful skin is moist skin, not dry skin, and moisture means “water.” Dry skin, lacking sufficient water, constricts blood capillary flow and makes skin appear pale. The paleness causes cosmetic colors to look dry and faded. Oily skin also lacks sufficient water.
Water content is vital to, beautiful, younger looking, healthy skin and only 100% water can increase skin moisture content and improve dry skin. Make-up, soap, and environmental conditions encountered daily, can cause dry, pale, damaged skin.
The only known water that is 100% skin compatible is the Bio-Logic Aqua® tissue culture water in Nature’s Mist® Face of the Water®. This rare water is all-natural, pH correct for dry skin and the company’s trade secret.
Most tap water is alkaline (pH above 7.0) and not beneficially absorbed by skin (which has a pH of 5.5 to 6.5). The pH of Bio-Logic Aqua® tissue culture water is a skin compatible 6.49. Research by Sharon Kleyne and others have proved that heavy, alkaline minerals in water are drying to skin and that lighter, acidic minerals are more beneficially absorbed and retained.
“Moisturizing” lotions do not add natural water to dry or oily skin. Moisture is water, not lotion. Companies that manufacture skin lotions may not always tell the whole truth; but dermatologists know that the benefit of “moisturizing lotions” is not to add water but to help seal in existing water.
Water must always be applied before crèmes, lotions and potions. Nature’s Mist® Face of the Water® is 100% water and should always be applied immediately prior to skin lotions, cosmetics and any other topical skin application.
Nature’s Mist® Face of the Water® increases the life and appearance of cosmetic colors. Normally, cosmetic colors fade after a few hours. A quick mist with Nature’s Mist® Face of the Water® instantly revitalizes cosmetic colors, and your own beautiful skin tones, for a healthier, more natural skin look.
European skin care secret.
Nature’s Mist® Face of the Water® utilizes a spa skin care secret known in recent years only to the French and a few other European women. The secret is part of a 2,000 year tradition dating back to Cleopatra, to slow aging and achieve healthier, beautiful, more colorful skin.
THE SECRET IS THE WATER!
Secret of Cleopatra. last Pharaoh of Egypt.
Cleopatra (69-30 BCE), last Pharaoh of Egypt (and of Greek descent), and her scientists, discovered the ageless secret to a youthful complexion. She knew that to retain control over her kingdom, she had to hide her aging. Cleopatra and her scientists discovered the “power of water” for ageless, younger looking skin. Water is the secret and will always be the secret.
Directions of application.
- For deeper cleansing, apply Nature’s Mist® Face of the Water® before cleansing face.
- To stimulate blood flow in the skin and draw out toxins, immediately after cleansing, rinse at least four times with a wet, very warm wash cloth
- Mist again after rinsing because tap water usually has an incorrect pH for dry skin application and can be dehydrating.
- Always mist before applying make-up.
Sharon Kleyne Hour Power of Water.
Listen to the Sharon Kleyne Hour Power of Water Mondays, 10 a.m., PST/PDT. The syndicated talk radio show is heard on Voice America/World Talk Radio, Green Talk Network and Apple iTunes. Go to http://www.SharonKleyneHour.com for written summaries and replays of past shows. Also visit http://www.naturestears.com, http://www.whatistheeye.wordpress.com, “Nature’s Tears EyeMist” on Facebook and “Bio-Logic Aqua” on Twitter. Nature’s Mist® Face of the Water® is available on EBay Stores, Amazon.com an delsewhere.
© 2011 Bio-Logic Aqua Research
Sharon Kleyne Talks about Dry Eye Education, Dry Eye Products and Nature’s Tears® EyeMist®, as heard on Apple iTunes, World Talk Radio, Voice America and Green Talk Network and Amazon.com.
Nearly everyone who regularly uses a computer experiences occupational computer eye strain symptoms. Dry eye and computer eye strain (also called computer dry eye) are a growing health crisis caused by a combination of computers, indoor and outdoor air pollution, and increasingly dry air. The phrase “dry eyes” is Googled, on average, 246,000 times a month.
As part of Sharon Kleyne’s interest in water and health, the creator of the Sharon Kleyne Hour Power of Water radio talk show and the product Nature’s Tears® EyeMist® has been researching the latest recommendations for prevention of dry eye and computer eye strain.
“Dry eye,” Mrs. Kleyne explains, “is the number one reason for United States eye doctor visits. Dry eye symptoms such as eye fatigue and blurred vision could lead to severe dry eye, corneal ulceration, impaired vision, lost productivity and blindness. The solution is education ”
Everyone who works daily at a computer, according to Shaorn Kleyne, should think about the following questions.
*Do you work at a computer all day and again at night?
*Do you drink enough water a day?
*Do you keep an eye mist such as Nature’s Tears® EyeMist® near your computer and apply it frequently?
*Are you proactive in keeping eyes, and the air around your desk, moist and humid?
*Do you keep eye drops beside your computer, use them frequently and worry about exceeding the recommended daily dosage?
*Do you work in an office with forced-air heating and cooling, fluorescent lighting and sealed windows?
*Is the air outside your office polluted?
*Do your eyes feel good in the morning but bother you later in the day?
*Do you get enough sleep?
*Are you constantly stressed and rushed?
*Do you get sleepy during the day?
*Do you drink coffee, smoke or eat sugar snacks while working?
*Is your productivity and attention span decreasing?
*Do your shoulders or neck get sore when you sit at the computer? Do you get frequent headaches or allergies?
*Are you overweight or gaining weight?
*How often do you eat dark green leafy vegetables? What about carrots? Do you eat fish regularly or take omega-3 supplements?
*How often do you take long, soaking baths?
*Are there anti-stress activities in your daily routine? How often to you take work breaks? How often do you rest your eyes?
*Are you bothered by screen glare? Have you positioned your computer to reduce glare? From your chair, do you look up, down or straight across at the screen?
Some of the above questions (such as “do you drink coffee”) suggest possible measures for proactive prevention. Others do not. Mrs. Kleyne has made numerous discoveries regarding computer eye strain, dry eye, lifestyle, water, health and nutrition and shares them in Part Two of this Two Part Series.
The only all-natural pH balanced eye mist designed to soothe dry eye and computer eye strain is Nature’s Tears EyeMist, sponsor of the Sharon Kleyne Hour Power of Water. Nature’s Tears EyeMist is available on http://www.Amazon.com under “Eye and Health Care,” and “Computer Accessories.”
Listen to the Sharon Kleyne Hour Power of Water Mondays, 10 a.m., PST/PDT. The syndicated show is heard on Voice America/World Talk Radio, Green Talk Network and Apple iTunes. Go to http://www.SharonKleyneHour.com for summaries and replays of past shows. Also visit http://www.naturestears.com, http://whatistheeye.wordpress.com, “Nature’s Tears EyeMist” on Facebook and “Bio-Logic Aqua” on Twitter.
© 2011 Bio-Logic Aqua Research
Strategy for a New Global Business of Water Category Revitalizes Dry Skin, Oily Skin and Dry Make-up
Nature’s Mist® – a Simply Moist® experience! Woman invented, woman owned American product – now being discovered by women (and men) all over the world. New discovery – the Power of Water®.
Nature’s Mist® – Face of the Water® e-commerce commitment.
Sharon Kleyne, Founder of Oregon’s Bio-Logic Aqua Research and international water advocate, is announcing an increased emphasis on e-commerce and retail Internet accounts for Nature’s Mist® – Face of the Water®, the company’s breakthrough “business of water” product that naturally humidifies, hydrates and revitalizes dry skin, dry make-up and faded cosmetic colors.
“E-commerce,” explains Mrs. Kleyne, “is global, open 24 hours, and has a unique ability to quickly reach consumers of all ages and categories. This includes outreach to targeted subgroups such as women, teens, seniors, sports participants; allergy, acne and dermatitis sufferers; women who wear make-up, people in dry or polluted climates, office workers, airline passengers, etc.”
Nature’s Mist® – Face of the Water®, according to Mrs. Kleyne, has been extremely successful in high-end department stores, a TV infomercial and its own website (www.naturesmist.com). Internet retail venues such as Amazon.com have been especially effective in helping Nature’s Mist® reach out to consumers looking for natural skin care education and products for dry or oily skin.
Water is the ONLY method to moisturize skin.
After two decades of research, Sharon Kleyne has discovered and proven that skin is 70% water and that there is only one correct method to moisturize dry or oily skin – WATER! “Moisturizing” crèmes and lotions are moisture sealers that slow water loss. They do not add water to dry skin.
Sharon Kleyne’s breakthrough research led to the discovery of “Earth’s Secret” – Bio-Logic Aqua® tissue culture water, the only known all-natural water with the correct pH balance (slightly acidic 6.49 – compatible with human skin) and light mineral solute content (heavy minerals waters are drying to skin), for maximum beneficial skin absorption and bacterial protection. European waters tend to be alkaline (pH greater than 7.0), mineral-heavy and not skin compatible.
The secret spring water is now Bio-Logic Aqua Research’s “trade secret” and the only ingredient in Nature’s Mist® – Face of the Water®. Nature’s Mist® contains no formulated chemicals, preservatives, saline solution, potential allergens or harmful propellants.
New global discovery: Nature’s Mist® – Face of the Water®.
The all-natural Nature’s Mist method of skin hydration is a personal hand-held device that humidifies the air around the skin so the moisture can be naturally absorbed. The trade secret Bio-Logic Aqua® water was proven in double-blind research to be superior in absorption and retention. People all over the world report visible results instantly!
Nature’s Mist’s ageless secret spring water redefines dry skin and helps reduce dry lines and wrinkles. The Power of Water® revitalizes faded make-up and instantly restores cosmetic colors.
Dry skin, dry air and the environment.
“Worldwide,” Mrs. Kleyne explains, “the air we breathe is too dry. Everyone knows the air is polluted and dirty but few realize that our air is also losing its life-giving clean water content (humidity). Indoor air is even more dehydrating and Moisture Starvation® is the number one environmental threat to health. The good news is that my company’s personal hand-held water misting devices empower every individual to provide their own instant humidity supplement, regardless of how dirty or dry the air.
“Earth is always changing,” she concludes, “and for human life to survive, we must learn the Power of Water®. In the current global environment, with the help of our wonderful Internet partners, Bio-Logic Aqua’s “business of water” products, including Nature’s Mist® – Face of the Water®, will one day be as indispensable as drinking water, clothing, sunscreen and lip balm. The Power of Water® will save lives!”
The Nature’s Mist® product logo, according to Mrs. Kleyne, symbolizes the women of the world who carry water daily to save lives. Since the dawn of humankind, women have carried water (and still do in much of the world) to prevent moisture starvation and to cleanse and nourish their families.
“Five thousand children a day die from water related causes such as malaria, dehydration, diarrhea and melanoma,” she notes. “And 1.5 billion of the word’s 6 billion people lack adequate water.”
Sharon Kleyne is committed to helping alleviate the global water crisis. She Founded the Save-a-Child’s Life Foundation® to recognize pediatric melanoma and she hosts The Sharon Kleyne Hour – Power of Water at http://www.worldtalkradio.com and on Apple iTunes and Green Talk Network, Mondays at 10 a.m. PST/PDT. The radio talk show is sponsored by Nature’s Tears® EyeMist® and Bio-Logic Aqua Research.
The Power of Water® will save lives – and you can make a difference.
See http://www.naturestears.com for product demonstration, description and references.
* Sharon Kleyne, Founder of Bio-Logic Aqua Research and as internationally syndicated radio talk show host (Sharon Kleyne Hour – Power of Water®), recently announced a brand new United States patent on her company’s all-natural, non-eye drop eye mist product for dry eyes, Nature’s Tears® EyeMist®. This is the first and only dry eye product in the over-the-counter eye care market that is all-natural and not an eye drop.
* Nature’s Tears EyeMist is the only 100% water, 100% pure, all-natural, non-eye drop product sold in any natural health and pharmaceutical dry eye care section of any major drug store. No other dry eye product, with or without eye drops, is as natural, pure or biocompatible with the human eye and tear film. Because it is not an eye drop, Nature’s Tears EyeMist does not flood the tear film when applied so the tear film’s natural structure remains intact.
* Nature’s Tears EyeMist contains only 100% all-natural Bio-Logic Aqua tissue culture grade water. Unlike eye drops, the mist contains no saline, chemicals or formulated compounds. Also, eye drops with preservatives often cause an allergic reaction. Nature’s Tears EyeMist, without eye drops, is 100% safe, healthy and non-allergenic.
* Dry eye symptoms include itching eyes, burning eyes, red eyes, blurred vision, eye fatigue, headaches, shoulder aches, etc. Dry eye is commonly associated with dry air, indoor air, excessive heat or cold, numerous dehydration diseases, medications, wind, low humidity, computer use, airline travel, strenuous activities and many other situations. The most common product for dry eyes have always been formulated eye drops.
* Bio-Logic Aqua Research is the only company dedicated exclusively to all-natural water, health and wellness research and education worldwide (“Earth’s Human Mission”). The company’s research focuses on an all-natural water mist because unlike eye-drops, that is how the eyes (and skin), naturally hydrate themselves – by absorbing moisture from the air.
* Sharon Kleyne’s research has led to numerous environmental health and new all-natural wellness discoveries:
- All-natural water is the basis for natural health and life on Earth. The eyes’ all-important tear film is comprised of 99% water.
- Earth’s environment is causing dehydration diseases. The air is too dry, both indoors and outdoors, due to increasingly dry air from pollution, climate change and “techno environments.”
- Dry air and dehydration diseases (body water loss from birth) are the world’s #1 environmental health issues. 80% of eye doctor visits now relate to dry eye symptoms. 35 million people could be blind by 2035. Every four seconds, someone goes blind! 100 US cities are now listed as “dry eye hot spot.” Eye drops may alleviate some symptoms but the true solution is the power of water.
* Eye drops can be beneficial in helping to seal in tear film water. However, eye drops can also flood and disrupt the natural tear film structure, increasing the potential for water loss through evaporation.
* In 2009, Sharon Kleyne was awarded a United States patent on the technology of applying all-natural, 100% safe water eye mist to penetrate, hydrate and moisturize the natural tear film to soothe dry eyes without eye drops. Unlike eye drops, the mist also hydrates dry eyelids, a factor in dry eye.
* Sharon Kleyne’s all-water, all-natural, non-eye drop water discoveries have been endorsed by universities, doctors and scientists worldwide for their innovative approach to natural eye hydration.
Bio-Logic Aqua Research – Rogue Media Division. 5001 Lower River Road, Grants Pass, OR 97528; 1-800-FOR-MIST (367-6478); RogueMedia@biologicaquaresearch.com.
September is here! And so are some great specials for our retail and wholesale customers:
Retail customers: 10% Off Nature’s Tears EyeMist Triple Deal
To order, call 1-800-367-6478 or visit http://www.biologicaqua.com/store
Wholesale customers: 20% Off Nature’s Tears EyeMist Cases (both Singles and Twins)
To order, call 1-800-367-6478
Sign up for our newsletter for monthly specials